Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Design authority for an engineering discipline with low to medium complexity. Complete assignments on projects or, cost-effectively and in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards and safety requirements.
Reporting to the Lead Engineer, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of assigned project deliverables on time, within budget and in line with relevant quality and safety guidelines.
1. Technical contribution Evaluates, selects and applies standard techniques and procedures to perform engineering assignments.
Provides technical support for testing, installation and commissioning activities. Prepares project documentation within one’s scope of deliverables.
2. Sales support Assists in preparing proposal / presentation of engineering projects / programs (provision of bills of materials, estimated engineering hours, etc.).
3. Contract management Supports Contract Managers in issuing claims (new / change in scope of work, cost impact, time impact, risk quantifications, etc.
Provides quality solutions as per customer requirements and delivers within budget and contract. Ensures adherence to safety standards and mitigation of potential risks.
4. Planning and control Creates work plans and cost estimates in own area of responsibility and ensures quality deliverables on time and within targeted cost.
Improves effectiveness of work plan in collaboration
with other functions.
5. Risk and opportunity management Completes risk and opportunity assessments and ensures implementation of resulting actions in one’s area of responsibility.
Reports any contract / quality / program / cost issues to management along with recommendations for resolution.
6. Customer Assists customers on technical issues, interacts with official contacts, contractors and other staff within his / her scope of deliverables.
Assist communication pertaining to specific assignments or meetings.
7. Supply chain management Collaborates with the Supply Chain function to ensure that technical requirements for equipment or services are communicated and agreed on with potential suppliers.
Provides technical evaluation of supplier proposals, and accepts as fit for purpose supplied equipment or services.
Professional degree in Computers Science or Electronic engineering.
Experience in electric field, knowledge of high voltage environment within substations and Network control portfolio such as SCADAs.
More than 5 years of Experience working in Service or Engeneering departments.
Advanced English level.
Availability to travel