Intro : Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart.
Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways.
Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started. Summary : This is an exciting time at Facebook.
As Facebook continues to grow and reach more than 2 billion people globally, understanding people is more important than ever.
This role will be an integral part of the marketing team, and will design, execute and deliver high-impact primary research - both quant and qual.
The ideal candidate will be a marketing research expert, with phenomenal analytical and communication skills, and will lead the vision and strategy for marketing research in Brazil.
The role will partner closely with cross-functional teams such as Consumer Marketing, Communications and Public Policy and will provide support across Facebook's family of apps : the Facebook App, WhatsApp, Instagram and Messenger.
We're seeking a leader who demonstrates remarkable ability to harness and translate strategic insights into actionable marketing plans and communications, and create strong cross-functional partnerships across teams.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional research skills across both qual and quant methodologies, proven hands-on experience as a practitioner and manager, a hunger to drive significant business impact / outcomes, and an interest to remain deeply engaged in the execution of work.
Strong time management and communication skills are critical, and a passion for technology and Facebook is a must. Candidates must be comfortable and effective working with remote stakeholders in California.
This role is based in Sao Paulo, but travel may be required up to 20% of the time. Required Skills : 1. Partner with marketing, comms and product organizations to understand consumer needs and product use cases, define brand positioning, develop audiences, improve product market fit, execute go-to-market plans, and optimize / improve marketing communications to achieve business objectives.
2. Inform and shape brand strategy across Facebook's family of apps in Brazil, adapting global strategies to build reputation and trust locally.
3. Design and execute comprehensive, best-in-class quant and qual research solutions, at both the product and brand level.
Leadership in technique and methodology is essential. 4. Define people problems to influence executional strategy, goals and metrics to ensure line-of-sight to success.
5. Translate data insights into actions and recommendations. Core focus will be on marketing and communications strategy and plans, at both a brand and product level.
6. Partner with Decision Science to develop hypotheses and comprehensive test and measurement plans, to design and execute experiments to achieve marketing objectives and drive marketing effectiveness.
7. Produce highly effective communication and provocation to influence decision-making and product planning 8. ability to interface directly with senior leaders.
Minimum Qualifications : 9. 10+ years of experience leading marketing or product research teams. 10. Deep executional knowledge of qualitative and quantitative methods.
11. Proven expertise in leading insights-driven campaigns / product launches from definition to execution, driving impact and influencing product and marketing decision-making.
12. Comfortable engaging both at the technical / product level as well as on brand marketing / communications. 13. Desire to engage in research work at a tactical / executional level as well as managing the growth and development of a team.
14. Outstanding problem-solving and ability to quickly move from blank state to well-defined problem with a suitable methodology.
15. Able to quickly scale and prioritize activities in a fast-paced, startup environment. 16. Excellent communication and presentation skills with proven track record of using insights to influence executives and colleagues.
17. Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, drive change, and collaborate effectively with a variety of partners.
18. Fluency in English and Portuguese. Preferred Qualifications : 19. Fluency in Spanish Industry : Internet